Every girl needs that one signature piece of jewelry that gives a sentiment about her and her style, as well as is uniquely hers. I’ve recently discovered Mi Moneda’s interchangeable coin necklaces and I’ve been head over heels ever since! Mi Moneda means “My Coin” […]
Month: September 2017
After a slow (and hot) start to September, it seems that fall is finally among us! I’m a summer girl at heart, but I admit I’ve been waiting for it to cool down so I can start suiting up in darker colours, knit sweaters, booties, and ALLLL the jackets. There’s just something about this season and fashion that go hand in hand.
Last week I was oh-so privileged to visit Mad About Style, a fashion boutique right here in Winnipeg to get an exclusive sneak preview of their Fall Collection, coming out this weekend!
I love Mad because their styles are always so trendy and they carry pieces you cannot find anywhere else in this city. In fact, their buyers (AKA the boutique owner) travel to LA regularly to scope out the hottest seasonal trends to bring back to their shop for us! The pieces are always on point, but affordably priced in the way that you feel like you’re spoiling yourself with a high end outfit, but not so expensive that your wallet has to suffer the brunt. Not to mention how gorgeous their storefront at 538 Academy is, you feel like you’re shopping at an LA boutique with the white walls, bronze accent decor and floral arrangements placed throughout. Plus the girls that work here are the SWEETEST! Seriously, they are so helpful, kind, and very knowledgeable in the field of fashion. I couldn’t help but leave with just a couple new pieces…
One of my favourite things about the change of seasons in the change in colour palettes and textures. So long white and blue stripes, Hello mauves, steel blue, and burnt orange! Mad About Style has all the in-season colours and fabrics! I loved this rusty-colour shift dress styled with a classic black bomber jacket over top. It’s a very understated look, but the jacket gets taken to a new level with the gold zippered pockets right on the arm. Gold detailing ups the ante on any piece, but there is nothing I love more than when my jewelry and the hardware on my clothing complement each other, and this look does just that. This outfit can take you from day to night, office to the pumpkin patch (must go to every pumpkin patch this fall), or GNO to dinner for 2 so easily with just a swap of accessories or by adding/taking off the jacket. An outfit like this really allows you the ability to enhance or alter your look through the use of accessories! My gold-hoop leather bucket bag really dresses it up, while you could opt for a hobo or tassel bag to play the look down. I opted for a pair of chunky heels, but it would also look amazing with a pair of tights and heeled booties! You will definitely be seeing me mix and matching this look for the next few months…
This Saturday at 10 am, Mad About Style will be releasing their Fall Collection at their Launch event for all the Winnipeg girls reading this, it’s a must go to!
Their seasonal launch parties are always SO fun – I’m talking bubbly, balloons, blooms & tunes – what more could a girl want? They have sooo many beautiful pieces to bring you from the early days of fall right into the deep chill of November. Go and grab some of the pieces I’m wearing above, or refresh your wardrobe and find all your own fall must-haves! – And for those of you not in Winnipeg, they ship from their website!
5 Pieces you NEED this fall
- Blanket Scarf: Because they double as a cute accessory AND a blanket! I always keep one in my car so I can grab it anytime, anywhere. Whether that’s in my cold university classes, the rink at my boyfriend’s game, or as an extra layer when I’m out and about.
- Black Bomber Jacket: like the one I can be seen in here, these jackets are SO versatile! I wear mine dressed up or dressed down! I chose black as it’s a colour I can mix and match with multiple outfits.
- Mules: I shared them in my last post, but they are truly a necessity for fall! They slip on like sandals (holding on to every bit of summer) but they look polished and put together
- Knit Shift Dress: who says casual dresses aren’t for fall? Like I’m wearing one here, I love layering a jacket, sweater, or scarf over top of a simple dress! Throw on some thicker tights underneath, slide into a pair of close toed booties and voila!
- Tassel Accessories: tassels have been all the rage in 2017, and this season is no different! Tassels on earrings? Game changer! They really spruce up your look, and I LOVE that the ones I’m wearing here have gold within them as well!
or shop online at madaboutstyle.com
or contact email@example.com
** mention this post to Diana for $250 off your wedding package or $50 off your family/couple session**
Hi everyone! If you’re reading this, you may have entered my Instagram Giveaway in collaboration with 3 other Canadian bloggers to win a Kate Spade New York bracelet and wallet and we are excited to announce we have drawn for a winner… Congratulations, Jessica Dalliday from @thehealthysweetpotato! You’re […]
Productivity – it’s something we all struggle with at times. I find myself most productive when I’m organized and have my time well planned out. Whether you’re like me, and are obsessed with organization, or you’re the complete opposite but feeling like you need […]